- This event has passed.
MHA Webinar: CMS’ New Price Transparency Rule for Hospitals: What Hospitals Need to Know
July 16 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT$149 – $299
After reviewing public comments, CMS has released the price transparency final rule and it is effective Jan 1, 2021. 2020 is now a critical year for hospitals and health systems to prepare to publish pricing for items and services — and to understand how this will affect your organization going forward. This webinar will review hospitals’ obligations for posting standard charges in a machine-readable format and for posting 300 “shoppable services” in a consumer-friendly format. We will also provide an update on the lawsuits filed against the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to block the final rule from going into effect in Jan. 2021.
• Review compliance requirements for CMS’ new price transparency rules.
• Describe and identify standard charges under the final price transparency rule.
• Define elements of posting shoppable services in a consumer-friendly format.
• Review potential litigation filled by industry stakeholders to block implementation of the final rule.
• Examine the requirements and the penalties for noncompliance outlined in the final rule.
• Discuss the potential impacts of the final rule on hospitals.