A Powerful Operating Room Management System
Give your operating room directors timely access to the operational, financial, and clinical metrics they need to manage operating room facilities at peak performance. Surgery Advisor, powered by the award-winning Diver Platform, empowers you to optimize operating room efficiency.
Access to Standard Out-of-the-Box Measures
The Surgery Advisor application comes with out-of-the-box measures that can be quickly implemented in your hospital. Measures categories include:
- Total Cases
- Inpatient Cases
- Outpatient Cases
- Total Procedures
- Inpatient Procedures
- Outpatient Procedures
- Add-on Cases
- Add-on Cases %
- Saturday Add-on Minutes
- Sunday Add-on Minutes
- After Hour Cases
- Cancelled Cases
- Cancelled Cases %
- First Cases
- Late Cases
- Late Cases %
- Late First Cases
- Late First Cases %
- On-Time Cases
- On-Time Cases %
- Scheduled Cases
- Subsequent Cases On-time
- Subsequent Cases On-time %
- Total PACU Boarded Cases
- Total PACU Phase I Stays
- Total PACU Phase II Stays
- Accurate Case Duration Estimates
- Accurate Case Duration Estimates %
- Total Charges for Surgical Accounts
- Total Charges for Surgical IP Accounts
- Total Charges for Surgical OP Accounts
- Avg Charges per Surgical Account
- Total Direct Costs for Surgical Accounts
- Avg Direct Costs per Surgical Account
- Total CVOR Account Charges
- Avg CVOR Account Charges
- Total Direct CVOR Account Costs
- Avg Direct CVOR Account Costs
- Total Supply Cost
- Avg Supply Cost
- Supply Cost %
- Total Implant Cost
- Avg Implant Cost
- Implant Cost %
- Total Waste Cost
- Avg Waste Cost
- Waste Cost %
- In Block Minutes %
- Block Utilization %
- Total Block Minutes Available
- Total Out of Block Minutes
- Total In Block Minutes
- Facility Utilization %
- Facility Minutes Used
- Facility Unit Capacity Minutes
- Avg Room TAT Minutes
- Avg Surgeon TAT Minutes
- Avg Surgery TAT Minutes
- OR Utilization %
- Average Case Minutes
- Average Procedure Minutes
- Average Surgery Minutes
- Average PAT Minutes
- Avg PACU Phase I Minutes
- Avg PACU Phase II Minutes
- Total PACU Boarded Minutes
- Avg PACU Boarded Minutes
- Avg Patient In to Surgery Start Minutes
- Avg Surgery Complete to Patient Out Minutes
- Avg Pre-Op Minutes
- Avg Room TAT Minutes
- Avg Surgery TAT Minutes
- Avg Surgeon TAT Minutes
- CVOR Cases
- CVOR Procedures
Hospital Informatics Made Easy
Data mining in healthcare has never been simpler. Analyze and compare practice patterns of utilization, efficiency, costs, and outcomes among individual surgeons, services, and facilities to reveal improvement opportunities in how you deliver care.
Optimize Surgery Scheduling: Software That Delivers Results
Surgery Advisor enables you to optimize operating room efficiency with reporting and analysis tools that offer insight into key drivers of throughput. Examine and analyze case volumes by specialty and type. Analyze room turnover and identify trends by room, surgeon, or facility. Examine late starts and delays for each surgeon and day of the week. Track room, facility, and block occupancy to improve operating room utilization. Use this uncovered data and trends to make adjustments to your operating room scheduling software and maximize efficiency
Contain Costs: Enterprise Technology That Puts You in the Driver’s Seat
Surgery Advisor’s technology provides you with complete transparency of cost information, down to the case level, so you can easily identify ways to better manage costs and capture more revenue. Improving cost management for healthcare operations is simple when you’re armed with a wealth of accurate data.
Surgery Advisor leverages Dimensional Insight’s Diver Platform™—winner of Best in KLAS Business Intelligence.
Enhance quality and safety
Surgery Advisor allows you to monitor patient satisfaction and safety data by a surgeon, specialty, and facility. Effortlessly analyze patterns and monitor trends to ensure compliance with protocols and make modifications to codified best practices.
React faster with consolidated views of surgery metrics
Data mining in healthcare should not be arduous. With Surgery Advisor, the integration of data and analysis has never been quicker. This powerful software enables you to monitor operational metrics daily, rather than weekly, allowing you to immediately evaluate current performance, track trends, investigate variances, and carry out interactive analysis to identify and drive process improvement opportunities. In healthcare management, knowledge is power, and Surgery Advisor can give it to you.
Surgical Services fuel your bottom line
The transition from fee-for-service to value-based reimbursements makes it crucial to maximize operating room performance. Surgery Advisor™ provides OR directors and administrators with timely access to the key operational, financial, and clinical information needed to manage OR facilities at peak levels.
With Surgery Advisor, you can monitor operational metrics to understand current performance, track trends, investigate variances, and carry out interactive analysis to identify and drive process improvement opportunities.
Access Consolidated Views of Surgery Metrics and Activities
Surgery Advisor automates the integration and transformation of data from perioperative, EHR, financial, facilities, quality, and safety systems, eliminating time-consuming and manual data gathering, aggregation, and calculations.
Gain visibility into OR operational performance with consolidated views of core surgical activities and metrics that summarize and provide detail on efficiency, utilization, costs, and surgeon performance.
Information is quickly available — from current schedule to late first cases, block and facility utilization, and turnover times — through dashboards, reports, and ad hoc analytics.
React Faster with Timely, Actionable Information
When data is updated daily—instead of weekly—OR Managers can detect issues, conduct analyses, and take proactive steps to correct.
Surgery Advisor’s dashboards display essential information and key factors impacting operating room performance in a concise format. Visual alerts help OR managers quickly identify problems and take immediate action.
Delve into Details
Surgery Advisor’s interactive dashboards, reports, and analytics allow OR managers via a simple point-and-click interface to filter and drill down into underlying detail to explore and analyze the data.
Boost OR Efﬁciency
Maximize OR efficiency with a reporting and analysis environment that presents the key drivers of throughput.
- Case Volumes – Track case volumes by specialty and type; identify patterns and compare performance across facilities.
- Room Turnover – Analyze turnover time by room, facility, or surgeon; review room turnover by time of day, day, week, month, or quarter to uncover trends.
- Late Starts & Delays – Examine late first case reports by day, day of the week, and surgeon.
Improve OR Utilization
Increase OR utilization with visibility into the key drivers of resource utilization.
- Facility Utilization – Track utilization by room or facility level. Use information to adjust available capacity to maximize Return on Investment of surgical facilities.
- Prime Time Utilization – Evaluate utilization during prime and off-peak hours.
- Block Utilization – Analyze block time utilization to ensure efficient physician OR utilization and to drive productivity improvements.
Control costs with visibility into information down to the case level. Detect cost variations due to lack of standardization.
- Identify surgeons and procedures impacting OR financial performance.
- Analyze procedure costs by supply type and by surgeon.
- Examine costs by surgeon, including supply and implant cost trends.
Advance Quality and Safety
Monitor safety and patient satisfaction data by surgeon, specialty, and facility. Understand patterns and track trends for protocols compliance, such as SCIP measures.